You can import lists from other sources. (They must be stored in plain text format – ANSI – and the terms must be tab-delimited.)
EndNote comes with 14 lists containing journal titles with abbreviations. These are very useful when switching between styles that have full title and abbreviated title. (Note that several of the lists have been updated since the previous EndNote version, so it may be wise to re-import them.)
Remember that the lists you import come in addition to the journal titles you may have previously. It can therefore be a good start to delete previous entries before importing lists. This is to prevent past (incorrect) journal names / abbreviations from destroying the functionality you want to achieve by importing new lists.
It can also be smart to consider turning off the auto-update feature of the lists to avoid adding unauthorized names / abbreviations when importing references.
(See more on updating lists.)
How to delete elements in a Term List:
- Select «Open Term Lists» from the «Tools» menu
- Select «Journals Term List»
- Mark all the titles («Ctrl+A»)
- Click on «Delete Term»
How to import lists:
- Select «Define Term Lists» from the «Tools» menu
- Select «Journals», and click on «Import List»
- Browse to «Term Lists» under EndNote program folder (typical: «C:\Program Files (x86)\EndNote X9\Terms Lists»)
- Then select the appropriate list for your subject area