Reference window toolbar
In the reference window there is a set of command buttons. The commands associated with the buttons can also be found under their respective menu options. Note that the buttons are only active / available when applicable.
The various buttons / commands you can choose are:
|Go to previous reference
– Navigate to the previous reference in the library (with the current sort order).
|Go to next reference
– Navigate to the next reference in the library (with the current sort order).
– Displays the contents of all fields of a reference. Here you can make changes, delete and add metadata.
– Displays PDF files attached to the reference. The name of the PDF file(s) appears in the tab card(s).
– Lets you select a file to attach to the current reference
|Find Reference Updates
– Let you search for updated metadata to the current reference
(See more on Find Reference Update.)
| Open Link
– Åpner nettleseren og går til lenken.
(Se mer om kobling til fulltekst i referanser.)
| Open File
– Åpner filen som er vedlegg til referansen.
| Spell Check
– Brings up the the spell check and grammer tool.
|Mark as Read / Mark as Unread
– Mark the current reference as read or unread
– Lets you select a figure to attach to the current reference
– Takes you to Word and the command Format Bibliography. Only available when you already have a document open for editing.
(See more on formatting in Word)
|Return to Word Processor
– You can go to Word while working in EndNote (or you can switch between programs in the usual way …)
(See more on use of EndNote and Word.)
(See more on changing typography)
|View Source Record
– Brings up Web of Science in your default browser and shows the reference
(See more on View Source Record)
|View Related Records
– Brings up Web of Science in your default browser and activates the command «Related Records» for the current reference
(See more on View Related Records)
– Select reference type for your reference
– Displays all fields in a reference, also the empty ones- Displays the rating field at the top of the reference