The PDF viewer toolbar
The PDF viewer toolbar appears when you click the Attached PDFs tab (it gets the same name as the attached file when you click on a reference with a PDF attachment).
You will then see any PDF attachments for the current reference.
|Go to previous reference
– Navigate to the previous reference in the library (with the current sort order)
|Go to next reference
– Navigate to the next reference in the library (with the current sort order)
|Display reference field
– Exits the PDF viewer and switches to the fields of the reference
|PDF files are displayed with their own tabs. Note that the file name can be changed when importing PDF files.
(See more on import of PDF files)
– Adds (yet another) file to the reference. File types other than PDF are only displayed with icons and names in the File Attachments field.
| Select PDF file
– Displays a list of all PDF files attached to the reference
|/||Open PDF / Close PDF
– Opens / closes the PDF file (which of the icons displayed depends on whether you have the reference or the PDF file showing)
– Save changes to the PDF file
– Print the current PDF file
Launches the e-mail program and opens a new message where the reference is pasted into the message field and the PDF file is attached
– Navigate to the previous page
– Navigate to the next page
– Navigate to a given page (enter the page number and press «Enter»)
– Zoom out one step on the Zoom menu (see below)
– Zoom in one step on the Zoom menu (see below)
– Select a size to display the page
(select from menu or enter percentage)
– Rotate the page 90 degrees counterclockwise
– Rotate the page 90 degrees clockwise
– Creates a note in a given location.
The note is saved with the PDF file and is searchable in the EndNote library.
– Adds yellow background to selected text
– Underlines marked text
– Strikes out marked text
– Search for a given text in the PDF file
– Find the previous occurrence of the search term (see above)
– Find the next occurrence of the search term (see above)