What’s new in X9?
There are no basic technical changes compared to the previous version up to and including X9.2. In practice, this means that no conversion is necessary of the EndNote libraries when going from one version to another. It also means that you can go back and forth between the X9.2 and earlier versions.
EndNote X9 works best with Windows 7, 8 and 10.
The version is compatible with Microsoft Word 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
From version X9.3 it is necessary to convert older EndNote libraries.
See more about this at a separate page on compatibility.
The most important changes from the previous version are:
- Link to Web of Science
- Perhaps the biggest news in version X9 is that it is more closely connected to the Web of Science. This means that it is possible to enable functions in WoS directly from individual references and groups in the EndNote library.
See more on Link to Web of Science
- More flexibility in sharing libraries / groups
- Finally, it has become possible to share an EndNote library with others without necessarily having access to make changes to it. You can now choose who should have write access and who will only be allowed to read. It is also possible to share only selected groups with colleagues.
See more on Share library / groups
- Find current journals to publish in
- The «Manuscript Matcher» feature provides recommendations for which journals you can publish your article in. Useful if you do not have an overview of current publishing opportunities in your field
See more on Manuscript Matcher
- New reference types
- In addition to the usual update of the reference styles, four new reference types have been added this time to reflect increased diversity in the types of media cited. The new reference types are «Discussion Foum», «Multimedia Application», «Social Media» and «Television Episode».
See more on reference types